In 2015, I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Truman State University. I started out my career as a full-stack developer at Providence Health and Service's Digital Innovation Group (DIG) in Seattle. I worked on a team creating a telehealth platform for medical providers to see patients for low-acuity ailments. At this job, I first discovered my passion for brainstorming solutions for users, then implementing those solutions to make their lives easier. This inspired me to seek out a job that would involve working closer with the product team, so I found a front-end engineering job.
As a front-end engineer at Parsley Health, I had the opportunity to collaborate more closely with the design team. My primary focus was on the development of a component library, where I created React components adhering to the principles of atomic design. Working closely with UX designers, I delved into various use cases of the components, ensuring their seamless integration to optimize the user experience. Throughout this role, my favorite aspect remained collaborating closely with the UX team, which motivated me to make a career pivot and join the UX team directly.
I currently work as a freelance UX Designer and Web Developer. I work with clients to design and build websites using Wordpress, Webflow, and Squarespace.
In my free time, I enjoy exploring the stunning Colorado mountains with my adventurous little Bichon Frisé, Jesse. Despite her small stature, she's a fearless explorer and an enthusiastic hiking partner.
• UX/UI Designer for Retirement Safety Zone
◦ Designed additional blog pages to match current design system
• Nonprofit website creation for the Institute of LUV
◦ Created responsive, accessible, research-based design system
◦ Raised their site’s System Usability Scale score from 60.6 to 92.5
• Collaborated with the design team to completely overhaul Parsley’s webpage using atomic design methodology and user-centered design
• Developed pixel-perfect React bit components for a component library that was consistently used across all of Parsley’s sites
• Worked with the CMS Sanity to manage and organize over 100 blog posts
• Wrote Jest unit tests to maintain 75% code coverage
• Improved SEO and accessibility on website, based on WCAG requirements, using the Google Lighthouse tool to reach a score of 90
• Regularly met with the design team to develop solutions that would work best with our codebase and the end users’ needs, using interviews and A/B tests
• Led project to optimize site for mobile browsers, from ideation to ship• Developed components for a component library used across the company
• Wrote Jest unit tests and contributed to automated integration tests
© Megan Archer 2023